Sunday, March 13, 2011

How To Fix A Leaky Fire Sprinkler

The corridor of the labyrinth, James Dashner

long time ago I have this book on the shelf and the wonderful reviews did nothing to convince me for holding it. I've finally gotten around to testing and, although I liked it, I think my expectations were high and that is what I have failed.

The maze corridor , James Dashner

The course is the place where, without knowing why, there are about fifty children and adolescents. They all come forgetful and have to start from scratch. Beyond the walls of course the Labyrinth, a place infected with a horrible creatures called lacerated, the reason for the nightmares of Clariana, the greatest fear of the runners. The walls of the maze move every night, so finding a lasting solution is more than two years.
Thomas is the last to arrive at the course and, like others, does not remember anything. But there are some who do, who know Thomas, the guys who have gone through Change after being bitten by slashed. The next day, against all odds, gets a girl . A girl who will change everything.

The corridor of the labyrinth is a young adult novel filled with mystery and adventure . Maybe too young for my taste. The tension and intrigue are present on every page, every letter. Since Thomas arrived at the course, everything has changed. He is not one more, not a boy either as the rest. Thomas is someone special, but even he knows that being unable to remember anything .
The story is spiced with very colloquial vocabulary Clarean have invented them, which I found very funny and original. I can not avoid the temptation to drop a fuco face more than one and think about the rags of this story and his mania for calling clonc to so many things. Simply lovely, I liked the language and much, though at first I stayed with silly faces without understand anything.
The novel has many mysteries: Who is Thomas really? Why are guys who have gone through the change you remember? Why has the girl? Does it really solving the maze? Who's been locked up there and why? and all these questions have been raised in my head over and over again, hoping for answers. That's what I liked about the novel, mystery, the intrigue the want to know more. Although I have to say that at no time has come to get hooked, it has produced in me that feeling of having to keep reading because I could not stop. Although it had intrigue, yes, it was impossible not to.

- Chuck, what if we are all criminals? I mean if we are murderers or something.
- Huh? - Chuck looked at him like he was crazy. Where did that thought has been so positive?
- Think. We have erased the memory. We live in a place that seems to have no exit, surrounded by some monstrous bloodthirsty guards. Is not it a prison? - To say it out loud, it was even possible and felt nausea in the chest.

The book I liked, the story is good and disturbing , but has not seemed as fantastic as it says it is. I know, all depends on taste, perhaps because I came with expectations too high. Still, I repeat, is a good story that leaves you wanting to know all the details and when you reach the end, makes you ask yourself what will happen thereafter. I hope the second part I like better, I'm sure it will, because it seems to be more intense .

respect to the characters, Chuck has taken the character as more dear to me. Is so, so, sooooo cute ... Thomas not liked me or upset me, I have to know more and see how I feel. The girl has kept me intrigued throughout history and Newt liked me too, amazing!

Finally, consider the maze Running a good story full of mystery, with scenes that make you go real fear and be with a heavy heart, perhaps a bit long but with the advantage of being free no stone unturned to the end that makes you want to read its sequel.


STORED. RUNS. SURVIVE.

Melodic Rating:
- Thanks to Night Editions of the book -

0 comments:

Post a Comment